A Wonderful Morning Getting Out Of Pain

For those of you who do not know the essence of my blog posts, I write about how we can find Heaven in the everyday journey of our life here on Earth.  

For the last several days I have had a very sore middle right finger - being swollen and full of pus.  I think I made it worse rather than better by sterilizing a needle and trying to prick it unsuccessfully!  This morning I decided to do something about it - and headed to the Queen Elizabeth Urgent Care Clinic on Marlowe in NDG for 7:30am - in order to be one of the first in line when their doors opened at 8am.

I sat in the waiting room and was joined by another man - who looked about the same age as me - and had on jeans with a multitude of patches - the most notable being a big peace sign - along with a patchwork bag which also had a big peace sign on it.  I couldn't help but to initiate with him and asked about the peace signs - thinking this may be one of his causes or missions- but it wasn't.  His name is John Leduc and he is from Verdun.

After speaking a bit with John - the very nice lady at reception came over to me and told me that she would find me a spot - offering me one at 10am - but then saying that the doctor I was meant to see had locked herself out of her car and was going to be late.  Then somehow she found me a spot at 9am and processed me and told me to go back and wait in the holding room.

I went back and carried on a wonderful conversation with John - about his life - his addictions and his passions.  The words flowed easily between us and time passed rapidly.  The waiting room filled up and several others seemed to enjoy the conversation John and I were engaged in.  A beautiful young lady emerged from behind the doors and called my name.  Her name is Kass.  I told her I really liked her look - but she is much more than beautiful - she is just really nice!  We had a wonderful conversation as she triaged me - taking my BP, pulse, temperature and specifics.  After about 10 minutes she led me back to the waiting room where I continued with John until he was called to see the doctor.

My turn was soon-to-come and another really nice nurse led me to the examining room - sat me down - and examined my finger and dressed it to soak it.  Inside about 5 minutes - a jovial doctor - Dr. Mark Roper came in and greeted me.  To say he was great is to understate the case.  He deftly performed the necessary procedure on my finger - releasing all the pus and blood - and then covering it with a bandage - all done inside 5 or 10 minutes.  All the while Mark and I spoke about a variety of subjects - most notably his Christianity.  I told him that I have written a number of books on Spirituality and that a large component of my mission is bringing Heaven to Earth - for all of mankind - for eternity.  When Mark was finished he told me he would send a prescription for antibiotics to my pharmacy - which I went and picked up.

You wouldn't think that a visit to the hospital could be a Heaven on Earth experience - but this was - in spades!  I had the great fortune to meet and connect with not one or two - but 5 or 6 beautiful people who made my day brighter - and in the process I got to see the workings of a great facility and got out of pain!  To anyone and everyone in the NDG area who has a need for an urgent doctor visit - I wholeheartedly encourage you to visit the Queen Elizabeth Hospital's Urgent Care Clinic.  And to everyone who made my day this morning so special - thank you!

Wishing you peace, love and joy always...





RossG3.ca















 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heaven Right Here on Somerled (and elsewhere!)

From Moneyed to Moneyless

The Key to the Universe