My Restaurant Marathon

Another weekly blog I will be offering is a report on a restaurant I have been to recently.  I am really excited about this - as I see it as opening up my world!  My objective will be to ultimately eat at every restaurant in NDG and surrounding areas - and to report on my findings - in the interest of providing you - my faithful readership - with options as to where to eat when you make the decision to dine out.

I have already written about my favourite places - and will not harp on these.  This weekly blog will be aimed at opening up my culinary world - as well as yours.

If you ever saw the Nora Ephron movie, Julie and Julia - where a young housewife who is enamoured with Julia Childs' book on French Cooking undertakes a journey of self discovery - endeavouring to prepare all the recipes in the book - over 500 - in one year.  My journey is nothing rivalling this - as I have not given myself a deadline.  My goal is to get to one new restaurant/week and to report back to you on these.  As the result of work I have done in the past, I do have a starting point:  The Best Restaurants in Montreal.  While several of these listed restaurants are no longer open, my hope is that by some stroke of magic we may be able to revive them!

Perhaps something a little interesting is that I will walk to the restaurant and home from it - in order to get some good exercise pre and post meal - therefore it must be in walking distance (an hour's walk) from my home.  This opens up everything in NDG, as well as restos in Montreal West, Westmount and Snowdon - including such favourites as Snowdon Deli, Tasty Food, Orange Julep, Jardins Pekin and Coppoli.  The other thing is, that while admitting to enjoy a nice cold beer or two now and then, I will only have cold tap water at every restaurant - well except for places where a drink is a part of the experience - like an Orange Julep - or a Cott's Black Cherry with a smoked meat at Snowdon Deli!

So I ask you - if you have a favourite or some favourites in NDG and the surrounding areas - please send me these to rossG3@gmail.com, I will put them on my list for the immediate!

Wishing you peace, love and joy always...





RossG3.ca 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Insights Into Heaven on Earth

Lynn Kerr - The Bird Lady of NDG

Leon Maliniak: A Full 360° Turnaround