Lynn Kerr - The Bird Lady of NDG

I can't begin this chapter of my blog without mentioning Lynn Kerr and her wonderful family.  I have known Lynn for many years now.  I first came to know her beautiful heart through seeing her on Sherbrooke Street during my daily walks.  We would stop and talk - but she never let on her secret - which wasn't really that well hidden!

One day we were walking along the street together and Lynn finally disclosed to me that her passion is art - and that she loves to draw birds.  She whipped out some bookmarks and cards she had painted to my amazement - and I was moved to buy some from her right on the street!

This was the start of Lynn's and my real relationship - while I loved her for the person she is - I was even more in awe of her for the absolute beauty and wonder of her creations - as well as her prolific abilities and commitment to keeping prices down - 'so everyone can have some of my work.'

I became a fast fan of Lynn's and supported her however I could, giving her lifts to different art exhibitions and sales, speaking with countless people about her work and selling them, building her a website...  A great many people now know of Lynn - in NDG and beyond.  She has great friends and allies in Sahan and Arsak Markaryan, the dynamic duo who own Papeterie Harvard on Sherbrooke.  They carry Lynn's bookmarks, cards and other artwork (cups/glasses, plates...).  They do all of the plastifying for her bookmarks.  They basically do everything they can to help Lynn promote and sell her goods.

Lynn has a wonderful family - her husband Robert was always a hard-working and dedicated husband and father - until recently when he retired - he is still dedicated but thankfully - less hard-working!  Their daughter Marianne is a wonderful young lady with a number of interests.  When you see Lynn and Marianne together it is very evident that the 'apple doesn't fall far from the tree' - as they look and act so similar they could be sisters!

Several years ago their landlord asked them to move.  With rental prices skyrocketing in NDG - they were unable to find anything affordable and were forced to move to Lachine - where they now live.  But Lynn's heart remains in NDG - where she comes regularly - taking the 1 hour bus trip obligingly.

When I first built Lynn's website - she told me that her great wish is that one day she will be able to give every person around the world who wants her artwork something for free!  That day is nearing!  Right now I am involved in an initiative which will see us selling T-Shirts and a wide variety of other products all across the world.  With every order - we will be including one of Lynn's bookmarks as a little gift.  From Lynn's lips to God's ears!  She may well just get her wish fulfilled sooner than she ever expected!

Wishing you peace, love and joy always...




RossG3.ca














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Insights Into Heaven on Earth

Leon Maliniak: A Full 360° Turnaround

A Warm Welcome!