Burger de Ville: Fresh and Tasty!

On Thursday I was walking along the street with my friend Gary - we were speaking about food - and great burger joints in the neighbourhood specifically.  Gary mentioned that he had never been to Burger de Ville on Westminster in Montreal West, a place I have heard much about but also have never been to.

My plans for the day changed today and after watching my favourite golfer of the last several years - Bryson DeChambeau - jump into the lead in the U.S. Open - I decided to head west for a burger and fries and to see what all the talk is about.  My path to the restaurant took me through Loyola Park - which was teeming with people of all ages - enjoying this wonderful June day.  It was great to see so many people enjoying the weather, playing with and enjoying the company of friends.

Upon my entrance into the restaurant I was overcome by the aroma of meat cooking on their barbecue grill.  It was tantalizing and even heightened my desire for a great burger!  I waited my turn in line to order my food and when it was my time - I asked simply for a cheeseburger - fries - and a glass of water.  For the first time in many years - the server asked me how I would like my burger cooked.  I said 'medium' and he confirmed that with that order the inside would be pink - I said that is fine by me!

I paid the bill and went and sat down in one of the three booths present on the far wall of the dining area.  I was very surprised and happy to see that they use French's ketchup.  Several years back - Heinz closed their factory in Ontario putting upwards for 300 people out of work.  French's took over the factory and hired back the majority of the workers - gaining many Brownie points from Canadian consumers for this noble deed.

A server came over to my table with my glass of water as well as a knife, fork and a good number of napkins.  We spoke for several minutes about the restaurant and why it is so popular.  He enlightened me that the meat is always fresh - never frozen - and that the fries were voted best in Montreal - which he feels is due to the fact that they are fresh cut and cooked in peanut oil.  My meal came inside 10 minutes from ordering and was piping hot.  The burger was a good size - likely 6-8oz and there was a very nice helping of well done fresh cut fries.  It was a real treat to bite into a burger which was not overcooked.  I thoroughly enjoyed both the burger and the fries - and cleaned up every morsel on my plate!

In summary - Burger de Ville is a great local alternative when you want a really nice meal at a reasonable price.  I got out of there under $20 including tax and tip.  The staff are extremely friendly and very helpful.  I give them two enthusiastic thumbs up!

Wishing you peace, love and joy always...





RossG3.ca









 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Insights Into Heaven on Earth

Lynn Kerr - The Bird Lady of NDG

Leon Maliniak: A Full 360° Turnaround