Barbie's West Island: A Nice Alternative


I got home from a busy day today at 3pm - to receive a message from my sister Jo-Anne - inviting me out to my favourite Szechuan restaurant - Emeraude Bangkok - at 6pm.  I was really excited as I have had a hunger-on for good Chinese for a couple of weeks now and hadn't seen my sister, brother-in-law, Al and my Mum for several weeks.

I got to the restaurant with about 10 minutes to spare and to my dismay found the door locked - owing to a family emergency.  I called my sis and she said she was almost at the resto so she would come and we could decide where to go from there.  

We decided on Barbie's - which is in the same little plaza just off 55th Ave in Lachine.  I haven't been there for probably 25 years and was very impressed with the decor and overall liveliness of the place.  We started with drinks to cool us down as we perused the menu.

Jo-Anne and my Mum split an order of ribs and wings with fries, Al had a meat lover's pizza and I had a Barbie's Classic Burger with cheese and bacon.  We had lots to catch up on and the conversation flowed freely - in what seemed like no time at all our food was at the table - and everything looked amazing!  My burger was super and the good helping of fries - while they were of the frozen- battered variety were very good.  Al thoroughly enjoyed his pizza - even though it was his second of the day - sharing a piece with Jo-Anne.  Jo and my Mum's ribs and chicken wings got finished - although my Mum hardly ate anything - owing to the fact that she can't taste much.

The fare was very pleasant and the prices reasonable.  The best part of the evening was the atmosphere in the place - with several large groups adding to the chemistry.  I wouldn't go out of my way to go to Barbie's, but if in the area again - it would definitely be a consideration - over options like Mike's and Le Manoir on 32nd Ave. in Lachine.

Wishing you peace, love and joy always...





RossG3.ca












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Insights Into Heaven on Earth

Lynn Kerr - The Bird Lady of NDG

Leon Maliniak: A Full 360° Turnaround