A Bargain - All Things Considered!

Yesterday I had an easy day - and was looking to watch some grass court tennis from either London or Mallorca.  I switched on YSN and to my dismay - neither of the tournaments were aired on any of their 5 stations.  I checked to see whether they were offered on TSN+ - and sure enough they were!  I was mad - because there is nothing stopping the powers that be at Bell from showing these on their regular channels - other than greed.  I was motivated to send the following message to Mirko Bibic - the President and CEO of BCE.

Following sending the message I registered for TSN+ - at $9.20/mth.  This amount will not kill me and the pleasure I will receive from the programming is huge.  Yesterday and today I watched probably 8 hours of great tennis from London - an easy $10 value for me - especially when you consider a medium coffee is anywhere between $3 and $5 at most places except McDonalds - which has great coffee and a medium is only $1.45!

Along a similar line, I want to talk about Econofitness - what I see as an incredible value for what you get in their Platinum Membership.  We are paying $37.34/mth each for our membership - which includes access to massage chairs, hydromassage beds, tanning, unlimited showers, 24/7 access, access to all locations and ability to transfer our membership to anyone else at any time - provided only one person uses it at a time.  We are going about 15 times/mth - which equates to $2.50/visit - whereby we use the treadmills, the weights machines/circuit, the massage chairs, the hydromassage beds and the tanning.  10 minutes of tanning alone at a tanning salon is easily $5/visit!

The way I communicate my situation to people is by saying that I am on a continuous, upward and never-ending spiral through the infinite levels of Heaven on Earth.  Almost every day something happens in my life to elevate it.  Yesterday's occurence was getting TSN+ and being able to see great tennis all afternoon.  Today it was something smaller - I met a wonderful man named Mehdi - who works at Reparacell Plus - a CHATR Mobile outlet on Somerled - where we took Christy's phone to have him remove numerous viruses.  We had a great talk - about business, about cycling and about his neighbours - the family who own Express Indien - and the amazing job they do!

All my love,






RossG3.ca






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heaven Right Here on Somerled (and elsewhere!)

From Moneyed to Moneyless

The Key to the Universe